Today is Shrove Tuesday, aka pancake day. If you’re having pancakes for dinner tonight (and you should be), I recommend these cinnamon-bun pancakes, and these vanilla-cinnamon pancakes with berries. (Yes, I really like cinnamon.)
1. My thoughts exactly. Incidentally, this is what Betty Crocker looks like in my head.
2. Oh, elephant pancake, you are a thing of beauty. Syrupy, doughy beauty. (Photo by Anne Wedlendt)
3. A Japanese crepe truck, by Tim Arai.
4. Flippin’ Mastery, by Ffion. I’ve got the flippin’ envy (I always make someone else do it).
5. This was my friend Olivier’s brunch plan, with everything written in singular. ‘Bean’ just about killed me (with laughter), and I asked to keep his list for my future amusement. (It’s sad that ‘pancake’ did not make the cut.)