I remember my grandmother’s sewing tin (it was a floral cake tin). I used to empty it out as a child, making patterns on the carpet out of the buttons and ribbons and spools of yarn. Not much has changed, I guess.
1. String! String! String! String! (and colour, of course)
2. Animal Pins! By Katie Nicosia
3. I took this photo at the Barcelona flea market. (I love piles of shiny, colourful things. I want to stick my face into them.)
4. Fabric spools with fuzzy ends. Peaches, purples, pinks and blues. Photo by Elton Lin
5. Long threads of yarn in primary colours. Photo by me
If you follow this blog, you probably already know that I look for colour and pattern everywhere. I just can’t help myself.