Take a second to study their eyes, the variation in their beaks, and the texture of their plumage. In another life, I want to be one of these.
1. The wizened face of a pink pelican. By Tambako the jaguar
4. A peach-faced lovebird. By Tefocoto
1. A red crested Turaco: soft plumage and eyeliner. By if-by-whiskey
2. A powder blue tufted titmouse. What a delicate beauty. By nosho
5. A Knysna loerie. Those eyes! That crest! By Ian Wilson
I spent far too long curating this post. I just couldn’t stop trawling through photos of birds! Can you blame me? (Of course you can’t.)