Hello friends and followers! In case you’re wondering, I did not disappear off the face of the earth. I stopped posting back in July because life got too busy, too suddenly. I’m sorry! I’m not sure when I’ll be posting TOP 5s again, but you can find me in many other places until then!
These days, you’ll find me blogging over at Thefty:
I’m also on Pinterest, @theftypins
On Pinterest you’ll find images that inspire me (spanning fields of science, humour, a silly amount of food, and of course colours and patterns).
You can also find me on Twitter and on Facebook.
Let’s keep in touch please. I’ve missed you.
Posted by thefty on 02/10/2012
On Sunday, I volunteered at the Alternative Village Fete at Battersea Park, organised by Home Live Art.
Together with artists Harold Offeh and Barby Asante, the team of volunteer make-up artists, stylists and photographers created the Bling Jubilee Court. We dressed the public up as ‘Queens of the COMMON-wealth’, then led to a stage and photographed before an adoring crowd (photos over here). Here are 5 of my favourite shots from the day!
1. Our boudoircontained about 50 wigs, a tonne of make-up, a pile of stick-on mustaches, and 2 long rails of dress up clothes. Naturally, we tried it all on.
2. Two of our dress-up queens. Disco Queens, to be precise.
3. A rainbow of eyeshadow.
4. A gorgeous drag queen popped in to say hello.
5. Harold getting his make-up done.
You can see the full set of my photos over on my Facebook page.
Oh, and I promise this is my last Jubilee-related post!
Posted by thefty on 06/06/2012
Hello! COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly feature involving photos submitted by readers. Anyone can contribute! The rules, as well as next week’s COLLECTIVE 5 theme, can be found over here.
This was a popular theme and I quite a bit of difficulty picking only five. Anyway, enjoy:
1. ‘Mon père looking commanding from beneath the brim of a fedora’. Hannie McBride
2. A dramatic portrait by Natalie Papadaki.
3. ‘Tourist Pharaoh’, by Richard Mundy.
4. ‘Paul the mime’, by Nicole Kizi.
5. And lastly, here’s one from Rosie.
If you didn’t see your photo up this week, fear not! There’s another theme next week, and the week after, and the week after…click here!
Posted by thefty on 15/07/2011
Today’s photos will be captionless:
The colours speak for themselves, no?
Posted by thefty on 07/04/2011