‘Kitsch is a form of art that is considered an inferior, tasteless copy of an extant style of art …As a descriptive term, kitsch originated in the art markets of Munich in the 1860s and the 1870s, describing cheap, popular, and marketable pictures and sketches.’ (Thanks, Wikipedia.)
1. A rather offensive carpet in a suburban bowling alley.
2. Thunderbirds wallpaper! This is rather spectacular, no?
3. Garish, retro carpet.
4. The sistine Chapel…in a London pub.
5. A nice, minimalist sofa. Hah.
p.s. COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly photo project involving your photos. Click here to join in.
Posted by thefty on 16/09/2010
In no particular order:
1. A sticky club carpet #1
2. Spills and thrills.
3. A hotel bathroom.
4. Sticky club carpet #2
5. Concentric wooden flooring.
Posted by thefty on 21/07/2009