My sweet tooth is very, very large. However, my eye for sweets is even larger – I can’t resist the array of beautiful colours and shapes.
1. Pinks and peaches
2. A pastel army of Peeps.
3. A sea of rainbow sprinkles.
4. Arm Candy.
5. Lifesavers and Lifesaver shadows.
Which is your favourite kind of sweet? I can’t even decide, but I’m definitely a fan of Watermelon Chupa Chups.
Posted by thefty on 13/06/2012
I found these images by using Multicolor Search Lab. Have you ever used it? If you like playing with colours, you’re in for a proper treat.
1. Bright yellow flowers in punk bursts, by Crystal A Murray.
2. ‘Mythologie.ch’ by _underscore
3. Created using GlitchMonkey, by Juan Antonio Zamarripa
4. Rust-O-Vision by Tim.
5. Torn, but alive. By Aftab Uzzaman.
Posted by thefty on 07/06/2012
Hot v. Cold / Fire v. Water
I swear, colour is my favourite thing.
1. By Ned Raggett
2. By Roland Tanglao
3. By Karla Lopez
4. By Leo Reynolds
5. By Andrey Okonetchnikov
Posted by thefty on 31/05/2012
‘I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.’
1. A colour-burst mural. Photo by Conall O’Brien.
2. ‘A Rainbow of Flavours’, by Cris.
3. A kitten with a rainbow aura. By Stuart Crawford.
4. A technicolour spectrum of thread, taken by me at Liberty.
5. Flip Flops by Betsy.
Posted by thefty on 30/04/2012
This is one of my favourite colours:
1. My favourite vintage skirt.
2. Bunches of over saturated tulips.
3. Too beautiful to eat… but I still ate it.
4. The walls of the Fashion and Textile Museum.
5. Bright, punchy azaleas.
Posted by thefty on 26/04/2012
Hello! I’m selecting a new batch of images for my online print store on Folksy. I would love your help in choosing which photos to include.
I’ve short-listed some of my favourites on Facebook, over here. If you can spare a minute, please look through them and ‘like’ your favourites.
All 20 photos were taken by me. I’m really curious and excited to see what you guys choose!
Posted by thefty on 27/03/2012
This weekend, I visited the seaside town of Walton-on-the-Naze. The sky was blue, the sea was sparkling, the chips were salty, and the pier was as retro-kitsch as one could hope for.
1. Bright toy windmills reflecting the sunlight.
2. Piles and piles of seashells on the shore.
3. Maniacal seagulls.
4. Fragrant gorse bushes lining the seaside paths.
5. Rows upon rows of colourful beach huts.
All of these photos were taken by me (my Flickr is over here).
Posted by thefty on 26/03/2012
I carry my camera with me at all times, and I seem to have a thing for photographing shop windows. I can’t help it! I love the clutter and colour and all of the little details! All of these photos were taken by me, and you can see larger versions on my Flickr feed.
1. A colourful corner store in Brussels.
2. Double Dolls at Topshop on Oxford Circus, London.
3. Frosted Windows at the Sunday Upmarket, Brick Lane.
4. Glitter on Piccadilly (That’s the Royal Academy of Arts reflected in the windows of Fortnum & Mason). You can buy this as a print.
5. Lebanese Sweets on Edgeware Road.
You can see more window dressings over here.
Posted by thefty on 01/03/2012
The Tatty Devine store on Brick Lane is a magpie’s wonderland: Blingin’ wall decorations, and plenty of blingin’ plastic bling. I love it. If you’re into bright colours and eye catching jewellery, you should go and take a look!
1. Coins ahoy! Put ‘em in your purse! Wear ‘em around your neck!
2. The only thing better than a shiny bear is if the shiny bear is made of stars.
3. This would go nicely with the coin necklace.
4. Clowning around.
5. the only sort of grey sky I’m ok with.
Posted by thefty on 13/06/2011
I’ve been working with Fauna & Flora International to create life-size marine turtle sculptures for Selfridges’ Project Ocean. They will be on display at Selfridges (Oxford Street), every Saturday for the next month. I’m very excited! Go and check them out if you have the chance!
Click here for more details.
Posted by thefty on 12/05/2011
In no particular order:
1. Unrelated thought: This would be a good colour scheme for a dress.
2. London’s Carnaby Street is famous for it’s Christmas lighting.
3. Some surprisingly bright little flowers.
4. The view from my hostel in Amsterdam.
5. Candy coloured trainers. Mmmmmm.
Posted by thefty on 11/09/2009
In no particular order:
1. Trails left by climbing plants on old, old wood.
2. A typical Greek Island door.
3. The most colourful door in the land.
4. An inviting entrance on the rooftop terrace.
5. A pristine door in a grimy corner of Paddington station.
Posted by thefty on 05/09/2009
In no particular order:
1. She was dressed as Minnie Mouse.
2. My beloved Nine West pumps.
3. Master and Servant
4. Seeing double in a vintage store.
Posted by thefty on 02/09/2009