On Sunday, I volunteered at the Alternative Village Fete at Battersea Park, organised by Home Live Art.
Together with artists Harold Offeh and Barby Asante, the team of volunteer make-up artists, stylists and photographers created the Bling Jubilee Court. We dressed the public up as ‘Queens of the COMMON-wealth’, then led to a stage and photographed before an adoring crowd (photos over here). Here are 5 of my favourite shots from the day!
1. Our boudoircontained about 50 wigs, a tonne of make-up, a pile of stick-on mustaches, and 2 long rails of dress up clothes. Naturally, we tried it all on.
2. Two of our dress-up queens. Disco Queens, to be precise.
3. A rainbow of eyeshadow.
4. A gorgeous drag queen popped in to say hello.
5. Harold getting his make-up done.
You can see the full set of my photos over on my Facebook page.
Oh, and I promise this is my last Jubilee-related post!
Posted by thefty on 06/06/2012
Oh, Disco! You are so fabulously ridiculous! There are so many more photos I wanted to include in this TOP 5, such as Disco Tex and His Sex-O-Lettes, and Miss Understood.
1. The beautiful age of disco! (Although the lady in the middle doesn’t seem so excited.) Photo by David Zellaby.
2. There is nothing more magical than a light-up dance floor. Photo by PT Greg.
3. Worshipping the glitter ball. Photo by me.
4. Camp Galore! By Pat Padua.
5. Vintage records. Photo by Emiliano.
Posted by thefty on 02/05/2012