Imagine being up to 60 metres long and several storeys tall. Just picture it: the way your footsteps would crash like thunder, and they way your tail would swing about like a reptilian wrecking ball. Dinosaurs were pretty damn badass.
1. Urban Prehistory, by Mugley.
2. I made sparkly dinosaur cookies for my birthday party last year. They went down well with a cup of tea (and a sit down…on the floor) towards the end of the night. (From my Flickr)
3. “Sore for the ‘saur”: This graffiti really makes me laugh. The bleeding paint effect is a nice touch. Photo by shoehorn99.
4. Fancy a dinosaur ring? You can buy this here.
5. This is a vintage print from the 1950s. (I love how they appear to be posing.) This print is also for sale, here.
Posted by thefty on 05/03/2012
In every city around the world, you’ll find that the walls are plastered with faces. What better to put there? We are all human, after all.
1. Oxford, England.
2. London, England.
3. Thessaloniki, Greece.
4. Athens, Greece.
5. Paris, France.
Posted by thefty on 23/02/2011
Next time I’m invited to a masquerade party, I’m totally wearing one of these.
1. A Halloween Vendetta.
2. The head of a dragon.
5. Catwoman cat.
5. That’s not a scalpel, doctor.
Posted by thefty on 28/12/2010
Posted by thefty on 07/10/2010
I don’t have much to say about vehicles, except that sometimes they look pretty.
1. The Spitalfields Routemaster.
2. A bedazzled Mini at Selfridge’s.
3. Bobcat tires: Bold and oversized.
4. Me and my brother as mini speed-demons.
5. You can take the truck out of Brick Lane, but you can’t take Brick Lane off the truck.
p.s. COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly photo project involving your photos. Click here to join in.
Posted by thefty on 23/09/2010
I often find myself humming this song when I’m stepping out of the shower.
1. A good remedy for a filthy mind, then?
2. These came from the very bottom of the sea.
3. Free dry-cleaning.
4. Uh, UR DOIN IT RONG.
4. Oh how very sinister!
p.s. COLLECTIVE 5 is a photo project involving readers’ photos. Click here to submit a photo!
Posted by thefty on 02/08/2010
Peace: All those in favour, please raise your hand.
1. Seen on a country road in Lefkada, Greece.
2. Peaceful vibes at the kebab shop.
3. A peaceful photobomber. That’s a bit ironic.
4. Seen in Oxford, England.
5. A bunch of happy hippies. (Like Happy Hippos, but less tasty.)
p.s. I’m running a weekly photo project, and you’re invited to submit a photo. Click here to read more!
Posted by thefty on 28/05/2010
When the English mention ‘pants’, they are strictly referring to underwear. In Australia, pants = trousers. This has gotten me into countless awkward situations where people think I’m talking about my underwear.
1. A gravity-defying bra on the walls of the Southwark Tavern.
2. Very cheeky pants (as seen through sheer tights on my friend’s bum).
3. Tighty whiteys (and a crotch grab) in East London.
4. Mr. Gingerbread forgot his trousers.
5. One of my doodles about x-ray vision.
p.s. Have you heard about COLLECTIVE 5? It’s a weekly collaboration project and you’re invited to take part! Click here.
Posted by thefty on 18/05/2010
This is why I love city living.
1. Hanbury Street, East London.
2. Warhol and Dali, chillin’ on Brick Lane.
3. Spraying on South Bank. (I love how he’s practically camouflaged.)
4. A street poster for Chris Ofili’s (amazing) show. If you haven’t gone, GO!
5. Carrying paintings home on the tube.
p.s. Have you taken part in the COLLECTIVE 5 project yet? Check out this week’s theme, and then just send me a photo. Simple!
Posted by thefty on 21/04/2010
Sometimes being sad looks pretty cool. In fact, one of the weirdest compliments I have ever received is that I look nice when I cry.
1. What is it, little man? Is that red dot bothering you?
2. From my sketchbook.
3. The saddest boy ever seen on a summer holiday.
4. I cut this out from a magazine. I hope she’s not influencing my dreams.
5. Sometimes, graffiti feels underappreciated.
p.s. COLLECTIVE 5 needs you!
Posted by thefty on 19/03/2010
I don’t believe in ghosts, but I’m still too chicken to watch ghost movies. Does that make me a wimp? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it does.
1. This shadowy figure keeps appearing all over Athens.
3. Here it is again.
5. And again.
Posted by thefty on 05/12/2009
In no particular order:
1. Some more Athenian street art for your viewing pleasure.
2. I don’t know if he’s Feeling Sinister, but he sure looks it.
3. Drunken antics aside, I’m particularly a fan of the odd shoes.
4. Beck’s lyrics encourage my doodling tendencies.
5. This photo was taken last year, not 30 years ago.
Posted by thefty on 24/10/2009
In no particular order:
1. Rob Ryan approves of bird-brains.2. Getting gutsy at Columbia road flower market.
3. ‘I don’t know what’s going on’ (Greek)
4. Finishing finals.
5. Insert spellcheck before graffiti-ing.
Posted by thefty on 07/09/2009
In no particular order:
1. One of the shifty dudes in the backstreets of Athens.
2. This guy is assuming a Napoleonic pose.
3. Elvis of the alleys?
4. I wouldn’t want to cross paths with him at night.
5. ‘Whatcha lookin’ at, huh?’
Posted by thefty on 30/08/2009