‘Kitsch is a form of art that is considered an inferior, tasteless copy of an extant style of art …As a descriptive term, kitsch originated in the art markets of Munich in the 1860s and the 1870s, describing cheap, popular, and marketable pictures and sketches.’ (Thanks, Wikipedia.)
1. A rather offensive carpet in a suburban bowling alley.
2. Thunderbirds wallpaper! This is rather spectacular, no?
3. Garish, retro carpet.
4. The sistine Chapel…in a London pub.
5. A nice, minimalist sofa. Hah.
p.s. COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly photo project involving your photos. Click here to join in.
Posted by thefty on 16/09/2010
In no particular order:
1.Look at the shadow lines that have formed between the bulbs. Cool!
2. The perfect kitschy chandelier.
3. Burning bright.
4. My friend took this photo with my camera. It’s the ceiling of our old flat.
5. The underside of a chandelier in a Greek Orthodox church.
Posted by thefty on 28/09/2009