Matcha is a brilliant green powder made from ground green tea leaves. I’ve been intrigued by it since I stumbled upon this recipe for Matcha panda bread, which is funny given that I don’t particularly like drinking green tea. (I do like pandas, though.)
1. Vanilla and Matcha whoopie pies by Sylvia. I very much want to eat one.
2. A can of iced green tea. Very peaceful, apparently. By Shanon Wise.
3. Semi-sweet green tea candy from Japan. Photo by Andrew Magill.
4. Green tea and red bean Kit Kat! From Japan, of course. By Selva.
5. Green Tea Frappuccino Bento box. By Sakurako Kitsa.
Which one do you want to eat?
Posted by thefty on 18/05/2012
Last Saturday, I went to an arty party. Paint It Make It, hosted by Illustration Rally, was a fundraising event for Japan. There was drawing, painting, tea ceremonies, cake, origami and more. Check it out:
1. Live drawing!
2. ‘Keep your chin up!’
3. Lots of people making lots of different things (zines, doodles, origami…).
4. Cake! (The green tea and ginger cupcakes were my favourite.)
5. My drawing. Someone described it as ‘scary’. thanks?
Posted by thefty on 29/06/2011