Oh man, just take me to a place where the light is golden. London’s greys are fine in January, but in June they destroy me.
1. ‘Last of The Summer (Wine)’. By Bethan.
2. ‘Siamesina’. By Rufus Gefangenen.
3. ‘Good Morning’. By Frank Wuestefeld.
4. ‘Lake Point Tower Chicago’. By Reto Fetz.
5. ‘Bagan Balloons’. By Martin Sojka.
I hope you’re all some place warm and bright.
Posted by thefty on 11/06/2012
Sunny mornings are what it’s all about. These photos were all taken by me, on a variety of beautiful mornings in London. I present these without comment.
I wish every day was like this.
Posted by thefty on 08/03/2012
I grew up in sun-drenched lands, where bright summers are taken for granted. In England (where I live now), the promise of summer is quite often broken. Perhaps this is why I meticulously record each snatch of sun I get.
1. Sun penetrating plastic.
2. long, hot shadows.
3. London summertime.
4. I dare you to stare.
5. Warm concrete.
Posted by thefty on 15/06/2011
I’m a lark. you know, one of those people who wakes up early and proceeds to bounce around the house while you’re trying to sleep. I like mornings. They’re very pretty.
1. Dappled light coming through the curtains.
2. Pure light penetrating petals.
3. Golden rectangles in my kitchen, bouncing off my cornflakes.
4. Daffodils glowing in the early light.
5. The crack of dawn.
Posted by thefty on 19/05/2011
This post is dedicated to my old PC which sadly met its maker* a few months ago. The soundtrack to today’s post can be found right here.
3. Small and beautifully formed. Look at those details!
1. Miles and miles of cables.
2. A sky full of pylons.
5. The innards of my old PC (RIP) with the hands of its maker.
* See picture 5.
Posted by thefty on 17/12/2010
Hello! COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly feature involving photos submitted by readers. Anyone can contribute! The rules, as well as next week’s COLLECTIVE 5 theme, can be found over here.
Here are this week’s photos:
1. A nocturnal flash, by Annabel Vere.
2. Retro Arcadia, by Nigel Cardozo.
3. Spectrum of Light, by Serena Solomons Langdon.
4. Light in St. Peter’s Basilica, Rome. By Nikos Zarb.
4. Skillet Playing at Creation Festival 2010. By Randy Kightlinger.
Click here if you’d like to join in next week! Come on, join in!
Posted by thefty on 27/08/2010
Because nightclubs are ugly when the lights come on.
1. Kazbar, Oxford.
2. A surprisingly colourful alley in central Athens.
3. Tea party time at my house.
4. Spitalfields market, London.
5. Clubbing it up.
p.s. COLLECTIVE 5 is a photo project involving readers’ photos. Click here to submit a photo!
Posted by thefty on 12/08/2010
This is what summer feels like.
1. Soft, buttery light.
2. Delicate, luminous embriodery.
3. Floating tealights and glowing gerberas.
4. Rich, amber beer.
5. The kind of evening that dreams are made of.
P.S. COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly photo project published on this blog. Submit a photo and join in!
Posted by thefty on 25/06/2010
Light and shadow are two sides of the same coin. I love those bright summer days where the contrast between them is stark.
1. Sharp shapes in the park light.
2. Morning light filtering through an olive tree.
3. Me and my shadow, happy.
4. Here is the shadow, but where is the plant?
5. Shadow theatre on an Athenian afternoon.
p.s. Have you heard about COLLECTIVE 5? It’s a weekly project involving YOUR photos on this blog. Click here to read more!
Posted by thefty on 07/06/2010
I remember burning Magnesium in high school lab classes. Do you remember how bright it was? How it hurt your eyes a bit? That’s what I’m going for here.
1. White light/white heat
2. He may be bright, but he’s also lazy.
3. A pale and sickly girl.
4. flash blindness.
5. Mist in the a.m.
p.s. Have you submitted a photo yet? Come on, join in!
Posted by thefty on 08/03/2010
I’m one of those people who jumps out of bed, quite chirpily, as soon as the sun creeps under the curtains. I guess you might call that ‘annoying’.
1. Sun-bleached curtains, begging to be pulled apart.
2. My bed, blue and still warm, in the semi-darkness.
3. The gorgeous dampness of an english winter’s morning.
4. Buttery light spilling down the stairs.
5. The perfect start to a day.
p.s. COLLECTIVE 5 needs you!
Posted by thefty on 23/02/2010
Shine, shape, colour and transparency: Glass is pretty cool.
1. The glass front of an upmarket shopping mall, Athens.
2. A cut-glass bowl. (Speaking of, you might want to read this.)
3. That’s a reconstruction of the Kyrenia II under there.
4. The collection: green, blue, black, frosted white, and pure transparent.
5. At the pub.
p.s. Have you sent in your photo yet?
Posted by thefty on 25/01/2010
My friends are so used to the presence of my camera that it’s as though it isn’t there.
Posted by thefty on 29/12/2009
In no particular order:
Posted by thefty on 24/07/2009