On Sunday, I volunteered at the Alternative Village Fete at Battersea Park, organised by Home Live Art.
Together with artists Harold Offeh and Barby Asante, the team of volunteer make-up artists, stylists and photographers created the Bling Jubilee Court. We dressed the public up as ‘Queens of the COMMON-wealth’, then led to a stage and photographed before an adoring crowd (photos over here). Here are 5 of my favourite shots from the day!
1. Our boudoircontained about 50 wigs, a tonne of make-up, a pile of stick-on mustaches, and 2 long rails of dress up clothes. Naturally, we tried it all on.
2. Two of our dress-up queens. Disco Queens, to be precise.
3. A rainbow of eyeshadow.
4. A gorgeous drag queen popped in to say hello.
5. Harold getting his make-up done.
You can see the full set of my photos over on my Facebook page.
Oh, and I promise this is my last Jubilee-related post!
Posted by thefty on 06/06/2012
Last week I went to a masquerade ball, but I painted on my mask rather than actually wearing one. I’ll use any excuse to paint my face – It’s too much fun.
1. Dressing up as a Black and White Film, for a Hollywood themed party.
2. War paint.
3. Shadow war paint.
4. The eye of Ra.
5. Elves love a bit of glitter eyeliner.
Have you heard of COLLECTIVE 5? It’s a weekly photo project that you should join! Click here.
Posted by thefty on 08/06/2010
In no particular order:
1. The eyelashes are a nice touch, don’t you think?
2. Check it out, here.
3. Impromptu ghostification using table decorations (tealights).
4. Some cheerful Athenian street art.
5. Zombie boy and his mistress from the future.
Posted by thefty on 31/10/2009