My beloved grandpa passed away this week, which is why I haven’t updated TOP 5. I spent this morning looking through some old photos, and I couldn’t resist sharing them with you. I had a great childhood, and my grandparents definitely contributed to how happy it was.
1. Me and my brother, easily fitting our skinny asses onto one chair.
2. Mustachioed grandpa and snow-haired grandma were my superheroes.
3. It appears that I was always a poser, and that I always liked unique eyewear.
4. Here, I am admiring my birthday gift. (That’s dad’s leg I’m hanging off.)
5. Check out my mum’s awesome 80s hair.
Sometimes nostalgia just comes and smacks you in the face. Huh.
Posted by thefty on 22/07/2011
Hello! COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly project involving readers’ photos. Anyone can join in! The rules, as well as next week’s COLLECTIVE 5 theme, can be found over here.
This is one of the few times that I haven’t received enough to make a full album! I’ve noticed that this happens with very open-ended themes. Clearly, I need to keep you guys on the straight and narrow, and not give you too much freedom! Hopefully, next week’s theme will be easier!
Here are this week’s photos:
1. My Rays and My Coffee. By Nicole Kizi.
2. Photo of a Puffetee doodle. By Lili Schick. (It’s a toy Lili got when she was born.)
3. This is Meredith Root-Bernstein’s little toy truck.
4. Here’s one from me: My vintage cake stand, bought from the market last week.
Click here to check out next week’s theme! Come on, join in! I love getting photos from you guys!
p.s. Make sure you join my giveaway!
Posted by thefty on 08/07/2011
I’m thinking of summer days in the car with my father, listening to fuzzy radio as we go over the mountains, stopping by the sea and getting back in the car all salty (and full of lunch). In the winter, when I’m far from my parents, I think about being in that silver Toyota and I get nostalgic. I don’t know how to drive; When I get in a car, I’m always a daughter.
1. Golden fields and no horizon.
2. Groggy early starts.
3. A pathetic postcard.
4. Mountain roads.
5. Going home.
p.s. COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly photo project involving your photos. Click here to join in.
Posted by thefty on 04/08/2010