Swirls, leaves, lines and flourishes: I love the old-fashioned use of decorative touches on functional items. Aren’t these beautiful?
1. An elaborate letter A. From here.
2. A beautiful little ad. From Paper Scraps.
3. An ornate texture, from PlayingWithBrushes Flickr feed.
4. Printed initials in rich black. From here.
5. A bold yet delicate border. From PlayingWithBrushes.
Posted by thefty on 12/06/2012
Becuase paper is pretty badass.
1. Tissue paper wedged into my boots.
2. This kind of paper fills me with excitement.
3. Urban walls.
4. Paper pansy.
5. Seen in a Greek public toilet.
p.s. COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly photo project involving your photos. Click here to join in.
Posted by thefty on 23/08/2010
I think this is what they mean by ‘beauty is everywhere’.
1. In the tunnel to the museums, South Kensington underground, London.
2. Grimy but pristine posters, Cheshire Street, London.
3. In a driveway off Little Clarendon Street, Oxford.
4. Abandoned shopfront near Victoria Square, Athens.
5. Somewhere on Odos Athinas, Athens.
p.s. Have you sent in your photo yet?
Posted by thefty on 27/01/2010