I love tea parties. I do. The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is just an extra excuse to throw one, as far as I’m concerned. If you’re not convinced, hopefully these images will twist your arm:
1. These teacup and teapot rings can be bought separately, but they clearly belong together. By JodiaAnna.
2. This is a seriously elaborate set of paper cake toppers! I love it. By 3 Blonde Bears.
3. This photo was taken by me, peering into one of the window displays at Harrods. I wanted to jump right in.
4. If you’re up for a slightly subversive Jubilee weekend, you can by a Queen jelly mould, some royal temporary tattoos…and also some sick bags, in case things get out of hand. All by Lydia Leith.
5. A set of teabags from The Cake Nest. The queen’s in very good (if occasionally fictional) company!
Have a lovely Jubilee weekend, wherever you are!
Posted by thefty on 01/06/2012
Queen Elizabeth II graces all British banknotes. She cuts a fine figure, even when appearing to wear a mustache. (See below.)
1. Stirling note mash-up! By Dysanovic
2. A close-up, showing the stunning amount of detail. By PhotoGraham
3. This nifty bit of origami is by David Pilbrow. (she really can carry off a hat, can’t she?)
4. Sad Queen. (By Howard Lake)
5. Happy Queen! (By Howard Lake.)
What do you think? Is this high art or treason? (I firmly believe it’s the former. Of course!)
Posted by thefty on 30/05/2012
The Diamond Jubilee is coming up this week! The crown motif is everywhere and I’m loving it. Here are five of my favourites.
1. A stunning screen print by PayperShaykers on Etsy.
2. A chocolate crown by Demarquette, displayed Harrods. Photo by me.
3. Diamond Jubilee crown and flowers: A print by Nick Barnett.
4. Royal Crown Jubilee Cupcake, by Clare’s Cupcakes
5. A Pearly poster for the Diamond Jubilee! By SugarushUK on Etsy
Posted by thefty on 28/05/2012