I love geometric shapes. In my head, they all have personalities. Triangles, for example, are more playful than rectangles. Triangles hang out with the other cool shapes, including hexagons and parallelograms. (Right angles are for squares…har har.)
1. ‘Bees and Triangles’. A digital print created from repurposed vintage artwork! By Bonjour Frenchie Art.
2. Vintage Fabric Buttons. Found in ColinBoy’s shop.
3. ‘Mountains’ greeting card, by Katy Goutefangia.
4. A colourful print by Owl You Need Is Love.
5. Tiny brass earrings, by Saffron and Saege.
Posted by thefty on 29/05/2012
You’ve probably figured out by now that I’m a fan of shape and repetition. In case you have not, take a look:
1. Hearts in nature.
2. Home-made hearts.
3. Hearts on a store front.
4. Hearts on a back door.
5. I wear my heart(s) on my feet.
Posted by thefty on 05/07/2011
I love finding pattern and repetition in my surroundings:
1. Concentric circles inside a grapefruit.
2. Plates, cups, table = circles on circle.
3. Holes in the ground.
4. Tea cup rims, and saucer rims too.
5. Mini lemon tarts.
Posted by thefty on 20/06/2011
Did you know that there is ‘a society dedicated to proving once and for all, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Earth is round‘? How fantastic.
1. Tight little flower buds.
2. A poster on the underground.
3. Conkers plane-tree seeds dangling against a white sky.
4. A disco ball in all its disco glory.
5. At the Bowl-plex. (I’m the worst bowler you’ve ever seen.)
p.s. Click here to join the COLLECTIVE 5 project – share a photo and collaborate!
Posted by thefty on 16/04/2010
Can you find me a straight line in nature? I’d love to see it. One of my university lecturers once commented that our urban environment is full of rectangles, but that there is no such thing in the man-free world. Interesting, no?
1. The Golgen Hall Mall, Athens, is a shiny shiny criscross of escalators.
2. A snapshot of a stairwell, in all its jagged-lined glory.
3. Some spectacular geometric wallpaper.
4. Sharp lines cutting across the soft blue sky.
5. In the city, even the shadows are a zigzag.
p.s. Don’t forget about COLLECTIVE 5! This week’s theme is seriously good (and fairly easy) so make sure to submit a photo.
Posted by thefty on 16/03/2010
In no particular order:
1. A letterbox.
2. Chopped-up tiles.
3. I have no idea what this is.
4. Window shadows.
5. Security grill.
Posted by thefty on 08/09/2009
In no particular order:
1. A galaxy in a cup of coffee.
3. The coil of an electric stove.
3. A snail’s shell.
4. Rock markings in Tenerife.
5. Polynesian art.
Posted by thefty on 04/09/2009