A funny little bunch of oddly huggable villains. Which is your favourite?
1. Alien bug-man villain. By ToadLickr
2. ‘Evil monkey from the movie about the evil monkey’. By Jason Scragz
3. A masked rider villain. By ToadLickr
4. An evil home-made egghead. By JD Hancock
5. Super Nugg and Evil Nugg: Chicken Nugget Mushies (not sure what those are!) by Saint Angel.
Posted by thefty on 14/06/2012
Hello! COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly project involving readers’ photos. Anyone can join in! The rules, as well as next week’s COLLECTIVE 5 theme, can be found over here.
This is one of the few times that I haven’t received enough to make a full album! I’ve noticed that this happens with very open-ended themes. Clearly, I need to keep you guys on the straight and narrow, and not give you too much freedom! Hopefully, next week’s theme will be easier!
Here are this week’s photos:
1. My Rays and My Coffee. By Nicole Kizi.
2. Photo of a Puffetee doodle. By Lili Schick. (It’s a toy Lili got when she was born.)
3. This is Meredith Root-Bernstein’s little toy truck.
4. Here’s one from me: My vintage cake stand, bought from the market last week.
Click here to check out next week’s theme! Come on, join in! I love getting photos from you guys!
p.s. Make sure you join my giveaway!
Posted by thefty on 08/07/2011
I recently looked through boxes of my old toys. I was quite delighted with what I found: hand-sewn doll dresses (made by me out of ribbons and chopped up t-shirts), dozens of sketchbooks, and the odd Pizza Hut tiny plastic table (used for Barbie dinner parties). Turns out I’ve always been a bit DIY.
1. My mum used to tape Disney movies from TV onto VHS. Good times.
2. I was a big fan of Trolls and Sylvanian Families figurines.
3. I saw these at Selfridge’s. I’m all grown up but I still want one.
4. Stripes, lace and loud prints? My style is clearly Barbie-influenced.
5. There ain’t nothing like a piggy wedding.
Posted by thefty on 17/05/2011
My mother says that I didn’t like dolls when I was very young. I beheaded my Barbies and stashed them behind my bedroom door. I preferred playing with empty jars that I took from the recycling bin! Despite this, I think I turned out fairly well-adjusted. I hope.
2. Give us a kiss, love.
3. Some rather odd party decorations.
4. From a bizarre game played in an office I once worked in.
5. Sinister dolls at the Danse Macabre.
Posted by thefty on 20/12/2010
Hello! COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly feature involving photos submitted by readers. Anyone can contribute! The rules, as well as next week’s COLLECTIVE 5 theme, can be found over here.
Yes, this edition of COLLECTIVE 5 is a week overdue, but can we all pretend we didn’t notice? It has been a crazy couple of weeks, and I gope this doesn’t happen again.
Here are this week’s photos:
1. ‘On The Lavatory No. 3′, by Roger Woodiwiss.
2. ‘Slinky Coils’, by Kerry Tucker.
3. Tony Toys, by Yvonne Christie.
4. Big Boys Toys!, by Nikos Zarb.
5. Eddie And His Toys, by Scott Dilworth Johnson.
Click here if you’d like to join in!
Posted by thefty on 06/08/2010