On rainy days, sounds are muffled and colours are intensified. There are few things more comforting than a rainy day spent indoors.
1. Fire and water in one photograph. By Bez Uma
2. Raining Indoors in San Franscisco. By On A Meadow, Lea
3. Perspex and raindrops. By Nixter
4. Distortion, by Judit Klein
5. Sydney Rainy Days, by Lens Fodder
It’s raining in London today. I’m at my desk, watching the trees bend and sway. It’s lovely in here.
Posted by thefty on 07/03/2012
These photos make me think of Hans Christian Andersen’s Little Match Girl, peering into the windows of fire-lit houses. These photos make me think of winter. (Well, except for the last one.)
1. On the outside looking in.
2. On the inside looking out.
3. On the outside looking in.
4. On the inside looking out.
5. On the outside looking in.
Posted by thefty on 17/02/2011
Hello! COLLECTIVE 5 is a weekly project involving readers’ photos. Anyone can join in! The rules, as well as next week’s COLLECTIVE 5 theme, can be found over here.
Here are this week’s photos:
1. White berries in winter. By Alaka Prodhan.
2. Winter White. By Kerry Tucker
3. This one is by Roger Woodiwiss. I love it.
4. A Swiss mouse in the snow. By Richard Mundy.
5. White Marble. By Eleni Sardi.
Click here if you’d like to join in next week! Come on, join in!
Posted by thefty on 28/01/2011
Sometimes it gets so cold that I wish I had a balaclava. I would look like a very small, cosy ninja.
1. You don’t have to match the grey sky, you know.
2. A fluffy hat (with strategically placed pom poms) will cheer you up…
3. …As will a scarf which engulfs your whole head.
4. Some people love their LongJohns.
5. Either way, don’t forget to dress your dogs.
Posted by thefty on 16/12/2010
Some like it hot. I’m one of them.
1. A fairground ride. May someone explain the reasoning behind this name?
2. The warmer section of the spectrum.
3. The biggest, fattest, toastiest head-engulfing scarf in the world.
4. Lyrics on the karaoke screen.
5. Warm pear upside-down cake, fresh from the oven.
p.s. It’s the last day for this week’s theme. Submit a photo now!
Posted by thefty on 11/02/2010
I’m not good with winter. I’m constantly too cold, I constantly crave the sun, and I’m constantly slipping on that sneaky, sneaky ice. If it weren’t for my camera and the gorgeous wintry scenes outside, I’d probably never leave my house.
1. Bare branches dusted with snow.
2. A layer of ice on the canals of Little Venice.
3. Heavy, steely clouds.
4. Wet windows and weak winter light.
5. Garden flowers, struggling with their load.
p.s. It’s your last day to submit to this week’s COLLECTIVE 5. Do it now!
Posted by thefty on 14/01/2010
The feeling of being at home is hard to describe, but slippers are surely part of the definition.
1. The luxury edition: white tights and leopard print velour.
2. The endangered species edition: Koalas (with bows, naturally).
3. The Greek edition: a touristy version of the wood and leather originals.
4. The punny edition: the text reads ‘I’m the buzzness!’
5. The cozy edition: featuring as much wool as possible.
Posted by thefty on 02/01/2010